We are excited to announce that Carswell & Hope has been selected to join the official roster of Kansas touring artists, recognized by the State Department of Commerce, and the state arts agency, the Creative Arts Industries Commission.
According to a press release from the KS Dept of Commerce:
“Artists were recommended for inclusion by a panel of their peers. Selections were made based on artistic quality, capability and experience, and impact of programming….
Organizations and communities may book these and other artists on the roster through the KCAIC Visiting Artist grant: http://www.kansascommerce.gov/666/Arts-Integration-Program“
Great! What Does It Mean?
As approved touring performers or visual artists within the state of Kansas, artists on the Kansas Touring Roster are eligible for several grant opportunities. Two such grants are the KCAIC AIP-Visiting Artist program and the Mid-America Arts Alliance Regional Touring Program.
So, if you are a qualifying presenter for either of these grants, you have a great opportunity to book Carswell & Hope for a performance in your community!
Remember, Carswell & Hope does more than just perform their music! Members of Carswell & Hope have presented some of the following programs in the past:
- Multimedia installations and artist talk (Echoes Through A Green Space 2018, Kansas City Art in the Loop 2015/17, Tangled Roots Fellowship 2014)
- Arts Entrepreneurship programming: grant-writing, portfolio career development, business training (Artist INC 2017-19, MixMaster Music Conferences)
- Songwriting & Creativity Workshops (Avila University 2013, ArtsKC 2012)
- Irish Music presentations (Liberty Hall 2017-19)
- Music Production workshops (MixMaster Music Conferences 2014-17)
- Artist Talks (InterUrban ArtHouse, 2014)
Contact email@example.com to inquire about booking for these programs!
Learn more about Mid-America Arts Alliance’s Regional Touring Program: